The Health Policy Project has ended, but work continues under a new USAID five-year project, Health Policy Plus (HP+).
GSD: Module Three
Module 3: Advocates Panel
[T]he principles of good public health demand that we strive to reach all affected populations with core HIV services even – and, I would argue, especially – when facing difficult cultural contexts, severe stigma and discrimination, or challenging security environments—Ambassador Deborah L. Birx, M.D., U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator
This panel session offers participants a chance to:
- Meet inspiring members of local LGBT communities who are ready to engage in programmatic work
- Solidify an understanding of the concepts covered in Module 2
- Hear recommendations for health and human rights programs
- Ask questions about gender, sexual orientation, and local issues in a safe environment
What does it include?
- Two members of local LGBT communities and one human rights expert will each tell their story.
- The three panelists describe what they each believe to be the key challenges, success stories, and priorities for engaging with gender and sexual minorities in that country.
- 30-40 minutes are reserved for questions from the audience